P&G Celebrates Top C+D Partners for Accelerating Innovation, Increasing Productivity
They helped get products to market in half the time. Drove global innovation breakthroughs. Helped build connections, collaborations and product equity.
They are P&G's top Connect+Develop open innovation partners. And last week, more than 250 of them came from all over the world to meet with P&G leadership and each other in a two-day C+D Partnership Celebration, aimed at highlighting success stories, sharing best practices and strengthening relationships to drive even more innovation.
“Our Connect+Develop partnerships are helping us deliver game-changing innovation with unrelenting productivity,” said P&G Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer Bob McDonald. “We celebrate their work, and thank them for their partnership.”
The event included interactive presentations from and discussions with leading global partners, McDonald, P&G Vice Chair Dimitri Panayotopoulos and former P&G CEO, retired Chairman of The Walt Disney Corporation John Pepper and Vice President of Sustainability Len Sauers. It also included an awards dinner, where seven partners were recognized for their innovation and collaboration that have driven business results.
The winners are widely diverse: from small firms to global operations to academia. Some are located near P&G’s global headquarters in Cincinnati, others are scattered around the world.
“Their collaboration with our teams has been seamless and wholly focused on helping deliver a superior product for consumers,” said Laura Becker, General Manager P&G Global Business Development.
This year's winners are:
- 2012 Connect+Develop Partner of the Year: MonoSol of La Porte, Indiana
- James N. Gamble Product Innovation Award: Zobele Group of Trento, Italy
- Innovation Capability Award (two winners): Beanstalk of New York and d&a Visual Insights of Israel
- Trademark Licensee Partner of the Year: Butler Home Products of Marlborough, MA
- Public/Private Partnership (two winners): University of Cincinnati Simulation Center of Cincinnati and Center for Competitive Creative Design at Cranfield University of Cambridge, England
Since its start, Connect+Develop has linked with thousands of external innovators from big businesses to individual entrepreneurs, delivering breakthroughs in packaging, manufacturing, new business models, trademarks and licensing as well as technology and innovations for new products. Today, more than 50% of P&G’s innovations contain a key element of external partnership. Hits include Tide Total Care, TidePods, Downy Single Rinse, Clairol Foam, Olay Smooth Finish, Febreze Set n Refresh, Vicks Humidifiers, Bounce Drier Bars, Swiffer Dusters, Olay Regenerist, CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara and Mr. Clean Magic Erasers.
- For more on P&G Connect+Develop℠: pgconnectdevelop.com
- Read the press release for additional details about this year's winners