Secret Deodorant Launches New Mean Stinks Website for Real-Time Support
In honor of National Bullying Prevention Month, an Interactive Tool to Help Prevent Bullying among Girls
Public Company Information:
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In honor of National Bullying Prevention Month this October, Secret Deodorant has taken yet another step in the fight to end bullying with the launch of the new “Gang Up for Good” hub at www.MeanStinks.com – aggregating real-time, anti-bullying content and encouragement from across the brand’s social channels with searchable peer-to-peer advice, so it’s available to girls when they need it most.
Unique to the site is the archived #NiceAdvice section, where girls across the country can share their experiences, offer words of encouragement and provide examples of how they’ve successfully “Ganged Up For Good.” They can also search for advice from girls just like them. Weekly ‘What Would You Do’ scenarios give girls the floor to share their perspective and success stories on how they would, or have, handled situations that could lead to mean behavior.
As the next evolution to the Secret Mean Stinks program, the hub brings together expert and peer ‘nice advice’ to help girls keep this school year ‘drama free.’ Girls can easily log-in with their Twitter handles to be immersed in an interactive dashboard, populated in real-time and designed to educate and empower.
“As we looked to grow the Secret Mean Stinks movement, we saw the need for a dynamic resource that offered girls tools, expert and peer advice and inspiration to turn the tide of mean behavior and help to spread kindness,” says John Sebastian, Associate Marketing Director, P&G Personal Care.
An ever-evolving platform that will change and grow as girls share, other MeanStinks.com content includes:
- #GangUpforGood challenges to inspire acts and words of nice, including joining the thousands of girls who have already taken the Secret Mean Stinks #bluepinky swear – painting their pinky nails blue and promising to keep bullying out of their group of friends
- Videos and photos from Secret Mean Stinks ambassador Demi Lovato
- Advice and tips from girl relationship expert Rachel Simmons
- Bullies Aren’t Cool educational rap by Secret Outlast spokesperson Jenni Pulos, who was inspired by the Mean Stinks movement to join the cause – now available for free download
- The downloadable “Gang Up For Good” Kit featuring lessons and a detailed assembly plan for girls, schools and parents to bring the Mean Stinks movement to their community
- Inspirational quotes, #bluepinky swear photo gallery, “Drama Free School Year” pledge, Mean Stinks posters and more!
For more information on the Mean Stinks movement and how girls and schools can get involved and “Gang Up for Good,” join the conversation on Twitter @MeanStinks, visit the new Secret Mean Stinks Facebook experience to find out the roles everyone plays in ending mean behavior and check in regularly for the latest content at the new MeanStinks.com.
About P&G Beauty & Grooming
P&G Beauty & Grooming products help empowers men and women around the world to look and feel better than they ever thought possible. With 11 billion dollar brands and products available in over 130 countries, P&G’s beauty and grooming products delivered sales of over $38 billion in fiscal year 2010/11, making it one of the world’s largest beauty and grooming companies. P&G Beauty & Grooming offers trusted brands with leading technology to meet the full complement of beauty and grooming needs, including Pantene®, Olay®, Head & Shoulders®, Max Factor®, Cover Girl®, DDF®, Frederic Fekkai®, Wellaflex®, Rejoice®, Sebastian Professional®, Herbal Essences®, Koleston®, Clairol Professional®, Nice ’n Easy®, Venus®, Gillette®, SK-II®, Wella Professionals®, Braun®, Crest®, Oral B®, Always®, Tampax® and a leading Prestige Fragrance division that spans from point of market entry consumers to high end luxury with global brands such as Hugo Boss®, Lacoste®, and Christina Aguilera®. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and in-depth information about P&G (NYSE: PG) and its brands.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50453210&lang=en